Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Charlie Bromberg: What Do You Miss Most about Your Childhood?

By Charlie Bromberg
Staff Writer

  Time moved slower and everyone seemed calmer when we were children. We didn't have any responsibilities or money, but we had loads of free time and fun. However, now we have to worry about senior projects, community service, homework, driving, friends, college visits, final decisions for college, managing our time, etc.

    These days, it's hard for me to remember when I was a child. Occasionally, I think back and remember when I:
• Had a Catch- Whenever there was an object around, I would always want to throw a ball with someone. I liked being active.


• Had Breakfast for Dinner- Whenever my dad had to go on a long business trip, my mom would always make pancakes. I looked forward to that.


• Watched Cartoons- Some of the TV shows that I would watch were Rocket Power, Hey Arnold, Teen Titans, and Batman vs. Robin. Once these shows were on, I was glued to the TV for hours.

• Played Outside- Whether it was riding a bike, shooting hoops, swimming or playing in the creek, if the weather was nice I was outside.

• Went Sledding- I remember walking to a hill approximately one block from my house and going down it numerous times. There was a ramp I would always go over. However, in sixth grade I stopped because I got a bloody nose from a sled running into me.

    As you mature, remember these good times and you'll never grow old inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave a comments on blog posts.