Monday, April 2, 2012

Playing Lacrosse for the First Time Is Tough, But Fun



By Breana Daniel-Schnobrich
Staff Photographer

    I just started lacrosse and so far, I really like it.
    It is overwhelming at times and I feel as if I cannot do it because I have never played a sport that requires carrying a stick in your hand the whole time you are running around playing the game.
    The only sports I have ever played were soccer and gymnastics -- and I haven't stuck with any of those. So I know I have to stick with it and not give up when it gets tough.
    The reason I chose lacrosse was because my brother has been doing it for years and I thought it looked fun and very interesting. I knew nothing about lacrosse, and when I started here at Woodlynde, I thought I would never understand the sport, but I picked it up very fast. I am happy I am doing it because I have become friends with lots more people who are all very nice.
    All the girls on the team are all supportive and they will help you thorough the tough runs and try to kick your butt when playing a game called, "Steal the Bacon", which is fun because you watch the girls who have been playing lacrosse for a long time and you see the moves they make when someone is trying to get the ball from them. It's almost like watching someone teach you without purposely trying to teach you.
    I am at that point where I feel as if I want to quit. But I keep going because I know that I will like it even more in the future when I know all the tricks and rules. I also know that my teammates and Coach Sara will help me through the difficult and/or nerve racking moments before a game or at practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave a comments on blog posts.