Friday, February 1, 2013

Victoria Hartzell: The Joys of Horseback Riding


Victoria Hartzell is a sophomore at Woodlynde School.

I got started riding lessons by taking lessons. I started riding when I was in pre-school but then I stopped for a couple of years. I don't really remember when I started up again, but I was in elementary school.

I ride once a week on Saturdays from 10:15 am to 11:00 a.m. I ride at a horseback riding barn in Malvern called Thorncroft.

I enjoy horseback riding because I love horses and it is fun. I do not own a horse, but I ride a horse named Sam and he is a Chestnut Gelding. I also work at my barn sometimes when the person I work for is there.

The person I work for is also named Sam and she is not there every week because she has another job. So the weeks she is not there, I just ride and then go back home.  

I stopped cantering two years ago when a horse named Argus started cantering when I wasn't ready and it was scary.

Two years later, I am cantering again on Sam, the horse I ride now.  Last week, I rode another horse named Blossom. I cantered on her, too.  I am going to ride her this week, too, and I am really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave a comments on blog posts.